Registration Children's run 2017
Registration Children's run 2016
Mountain marathon stories
The mountain marathon around the lake Traunsee has become a classical event which gets increasingly popular and is more than an athletic activity in Gmunden. Not only for the participants but also for assistants, organizers and partners as well as for the audience it is a pure adventure since 1989. Every year the mountain marathon writes his histories since ages.
Many new friendships have been contracted; personal high scores have been outperformed; exciting moments arose on the way, on the refreshment station or during the preparation as well as in the organization, many exciting things have been experienced. Some little misfortunes have occurred and some people never thought of doing this once.
When talking to participants, assistants, sponsors, people from the audience and from the organization stories and experiences are getting told with personal background and affecting memories.
To be able to keep these experiences and memories in our minds for the future we would like to collect such stories from “back then” until “now”. Please send us your experiences and stories around the mountain marathon around the lake Traunsee and we publish them: Harald.email@example.com
We are convinced that there are many untold stories!
We are looking forward to hearing your stories!
The registration process is not yet available
Organising the "Rund um den Traunsee" (powered by Dynafit) mountain marathon around Lake Traunsee has become a year-long job: Harald Buchinger's team is already working flat out to make sure that the 28th mountain marathon turns out to be as unique an experience as ever.
Primarily, what this means is that further improvements and changes have been made for participants.
- It is a well-known fact that the greatest source of stress for mountain marathon runners is the registration process because of the high demand for places. The following measures are intended to alleviate this situation:
- On 1 February 8 p.m., the registration process for 250 starting places will open. These will be for the entire route.
- On 2 February 8 p.m., the registration process for 150 starting places will open. These will be for the route between Ebensee and Gmunden.
- On 3 February 8 p.m., the registration process for 100 starting places will open. These will be for the route between Gmunden and Ebensee.
NEW:Anyone who has taken part in the mountain marathon five times or morewill be automatically entitled to a starting place this time around! How to apply: All starters who qualify can apply for their starting place from December by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org . They will then receive a confirmation so that they can register officially between 2 and 20 January.
- The increase in the number of starters has brought about several other changes
- The bib numbers for all the routes will only be issued between the hours of 2 p.m. and 8 p.m on the Friday before the mountain marathon.
- The registration process has been outsourced. From now on, it will be managed by Race Result, who will also be responsible for runner monitoring.
- Cancellation insurance will be offered as part of the registration process. It will no longer be possible to reimburse the entry fee unless this insurance has been taken out.
- Stern & Hafferl and ÖBB will operate a free shuttle service between Gmunden and Ebensee and between Ebensee and Gmunden.
- In light of the ÖBB timetables, the start time in Ebensee has also got to be changed. Henceforth, this will be between 8.30 a.m. and 9 a.m.
- The times for passing through the monitoring checkpoints are also being changed (see below).
- A special offer will be available during registration in the form of the Dynafit Enduro 12 // limited edition mountain marathon rucksack (cost of the special edition bearing the mountain marathon logo: just €69.00!),
- And finally, there is a little bit of bad news: To enable us to provide all of these improved services and cover the higher costs involved, the entry fee has got to be increased to €55.00. However, when it comes to events of this class, the mountain marathon remains one of the very cheapest.
The new checkpoint times:
1. Traunstein Gedenkstein 07.30 a.m.
2. Traunstein 10 a.m.
3. Kaisertisch 11.30 a.m.
4. Karbach 12.30 p.m.
5. Spitzelsteinalm 1.30 p.m.
6. Ebensee 2 p.m. (no longer continue possible. Finish line half marathon closes at 3 p.m.)
7. Feuerkogel 3.30 p.m.
8. In der Kreh 5 p.m.
9. Mühlbach 6 p.m.
10. Grasberg 7 p.m.
11. Gmundnerberg 8 p.m.
12. Finish 9 p.m.
T-shirt mailing service
For all those participants who are unable to attend the award ceremony or cannot be there when the "finish line bags“ (containing a certificate, medal and mountain marathon T-shirt) are handed out, we offer a mailing service for a minimal charge of €5.
Simply provide the necessary information (address, bib number) at the information stand stand in Gmunden and pay €5 charge in cash
Dynafit Enduro 12 // limited edition Bergmarathon
The best friend for trail-runners.
Together with world class athletes developed this light weight backpack supports the performance on long trail distances. Adjusted to the body form the backpack suits perfect and provides enough mobility at the same time. Many useful features for beverages, gels and sticks make the backpack to be a first choice for ambitious trail-runners. www.dynafit.com/at
- 2 speed bottle nets
- Multifunctional pockets on the in and outside
- Stick fixing
- Camelback compatible
- Gel pockets
- Anatomical cut
SPECIAL PRICE 69,- EUR instead of 85,- EUR
Top 3 2015
|1||Nini Jürgen||St. Georgen im Attergau||1||8:49|
|2||Schinköthe Petra||Wiesbaden (DE)||1||11:10|
Starterinfos für den 28. Bergmarathon 2016 werden in Kürze veröffentlicht.
Austrian Trail Running Cup 2017
The mountain marathon is one of the competitions that will form part of the Austrian Trail Running Cup 2017, with both the full route and the Gmunden – Ebensee route included.
In order to qualify for the Austrian Trail Running Cup 2017, the applicant must complete the respective competition successfully.
To be included in the rankings of the Austrian Trail Running Cup 2017, the participant must send an e-mail to email@example.com within seven days of completing the respective competition, remembering to include the following details: his or her name, the time achieved and the route completed. firstname.lastname@example.org
At the end of the seventh day, the results of all registered participants will be evaluated and the latest rankings published on the ATRA homepage.
It is free to participate in the Austrian Trail Running Cup 2017.